Sunday, August 19, 2012

Carry on-- people are waiting!

I'd like to get this blog going a little more regularly. I think I'll practice for a while before I go public, to see if I can keep it up better than my exercise routine! I'll have more time now that my granddaughter is going back to school and my time will be 99% my own. OH JOY! I've pretty much dedicated all my time to her all summer because I know that, perhaps even as early as next summer, when she's 13 1/2, she may fight to stay home alone every day. I hope her parents say "no", and if they do I think we should find a month-long camp or a farm for her to go to. I got a very very old home medical reference book from my grandparents. I think it was published in 1901 or something. Among the yellow crispy pages, there is a chapter on "the young". It says that the cure for the stubbornness and impertinence of the young teen is to "send them to the country to smell the new-mown hay". Sounds perfect to me. I bless this child's precious little heart. She is my only grandchild and I love her forever, but I wish I could wipe that exasperated look off her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment