Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pockets for All!

Pockets Why in the world don't women and girls deserve pockets in their clothes? Even before cell phones I used to crab about that discrimination, but now, more than ever we've got to have pockets, and very decent ones. Anytime I shop for pants, that is my #2 criteria (well, they have to fit first). I check the location and depth of the pockets. Sometimes they are only deep enough to carry my paper clip. And I like to shop on line for clothes, but although the description might say "side pockets", it never says "to a depth of 6 inches". Six inches is really the minimum needed to carry a phone, a driver's license, a little cash and a key. Any more shallow, and everything falls out when you sit down in the movies-onto the sticky floor-that slants toward the screen--in the dark and possibly even unbeknownst to the owner. I shopped a little (very little) for school clothes for the previously mentioned 12 year old girl. I tested the pockets-- 2 inches was the maximum depth on most of the (JC Penney) "designer" jeans. WTF? She acted like this was no big deal, but of course that attitude is required of her, since she must contradict or have a different opinion than her old grandma! We bought them... hope she can keep track of her phone this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment